Indianfields Township is the largest township of Tuscola County in the U.S. state of Michigan. 39% of the township is state land available to the public to hunt, fish and explore. With a population just above 2,600 people, Indianfields Township is located in the county seat of Caro.
The city of Caro is located in the northern portion of Indianfields Township. The Caro post office, with ZIP code 48723, also serves nearly all of Indianfields Township.
With a total land area of just under 35 square miles, there is plenty of room for you to live, work and play. There is access to the Cass River as well as other bodies of water. The township also owns and maintains the Indianfields Township Park and Indianfields Township Cemetery.
- PUBLIC NOTICES
- CANCELLATION: Indianfields Township Board Special Meeting on 1/18/2021 at 6:30pm
- 2021-01-18 Indianfields Township Board Special Meeting
- 2021-01-11 Indianfields Township Board Regular Meeting
- 2021-01-04 Planning commission meeting cancellation
- *DUE TO MDHHS ORDER THE INDIANFIELDS TOWNSHIP BOARD RESCHEDULED MEETING TONIGHT 12/21/2020 AT 6:30 PM WILL BE ACCESSIBLE*
*ONLY VIA TELECONFERENCE.*
*TO JOIN CALL 1-781-448-4675 AND WHEN PROMPTED ENTER PIN- 73850*
- Indianfields Township Board Rescheduled Meeting 12-21-2020
12-21-2020 Agenda rescheduled
- Notice of Public Hearing 1-4-2021
Pre-Public Hearing Draft Master Plan Update
- Indianfields Township Agenda for Regularly Scheduled Board Meetings
- 2020-12-14 Indianfields Township Regular Board Meeting Cancellation
- Indianfields Township Notice of Planning Commission Meeting 12-7-2020
- Indianfields Township Board of Review notice of meeting 12-15-2020
- On October 12th, 2020 the Indianfields Township Park benefited in a big way from Independent Bank's "Make a Difference Day". Not only did the amazing employees of our local branch give our sign out front a much needed new coat of paint, they also presented us with a generous donation of $1,000! It was decided by the board that night at the 10-12-2020 meeting that the donation would be utilized for future park improvements. Thank you Independent Bank for being a local business that makes this small community so wonderful to be apart of!
- Notice of Public Hearing 12-7-2020
Proposed Zoning Ordinance 10.4.2019
- 2020-11-19 Indianfields Township Board Special Meeting
- DUE TO MDHHS ORDERS AND IN THE INTEREST OF PUBLIC SAFETY, INDIANFIELDS TOWNSHIP HALL WILL BE CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- 2020-11-11 Planning commission cancellation
- 2020-11-09 Indianfields Township Board Regular Board Meeting.pdf
- 2020-11-02 Planning commission cancellation
- 2020-10-28 Indianfields Township Board Special Meeting
- Notice of Public Hearing 10/13/2020
Proposed Zoning Ordinance 10.4.2019
- Indianfields Township Regular Board Meeting + Election Commission 10/12/2020 at 6:30 pm
- Indianfields Township Planning Commission Special Meeting 9-21-2020
- Indianfields Township Regular Board Meeting 9/14/2020 at 6:30 pm. DUE TO EXECUTIVE ORDERS AND LIMITED PHYSICAL SPACE FOR SOCIAL DISTANCING, THIS REGULARLY SCHEDULED MEETING IS ATTENDABLE ONLY VIA TELECONFERENCE. CLICK ON POSTING FOR DETAILS
- Indianfields Township Planning Commission Special Meeting 9-10-2020
- Indianfields Township Regular Board Meeting 8/10/2020 at 6:30 pm. DUE TO EXECUTIVE ORDERS AND LIMITED PHYSICAL SPACE FOR SOCIAL DISTANCING, THIS REGULARLY SCHEDULED MEETING IS ATTENDABLE ONLY VIA TELECONFERENCE. CLICK ON POSTING FOR DETAILS
- August 6, 2020 Planning Commission Special Meeting
- Planning Commission Cancellation August 3rd 2020
- Notice of Election 8/4/2020
- Notice of Public Accuracy Test 7/15/2020
- Notice of Voter Registration
- Regularly scheduled Township meetings have resumed.
- Indianfields Township Board of Review Notice of Meeting July 21st, 2020
- Indianfields Township Park will open for the season on Saturday June 13, 2020.
- Indianfields Township Board Special Meeting on June 8th, 2020 at 6:30 pm
- UPDATED: Indianfields Township Board Special Meeting on May 28th, 2020 at 8:00 am
- On the morning of May 20th, members of the Indianfields Township board (left to right in the picture) Supervisor Ray Rendon, Trustee John Sauber, Treasurer Robert Osborn, Clerk Cristi Smith (absent: Trustee Ron Woloshen) assisted the cemetery Sexton Gary Skinner in placing over 1200 United States of America flags on military graves in honor of our veterans and the upcoming Memorial Day weekend. Representatives of Troop 201 (Bob Dickie, Terry Gast, and James Creason) Troop 570 (Gunnar Koon) and VFW (Dan Sochocki) also helped distributing the flags to the grave sites to show our respect and admiration to the fallen veterans of our community.
HAVE A SAFE HOLIDAY WEEKEND!
- Indianfields Township Board Special Board Meeting (teleconference) 05-11-2020
Click here for the agenda
- Notice from Emterra regarding garbage pickup - *GARBAGE MUST BE BAGGED* when placed roadside for pickup. *Any loose garbage WILL NOT be picked up*. Thank you for your cooperation!
- Indianfields Township Park 2020 Park Season Announcement
- ALL REGULARLY SCHEDULED MEETINGS AT INDIANFIELDS TOWNSHIP HALL HAVE BEEN CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!
- Indianfields Township Cemeteries Clean-up Notice 2020
- Planning Commission meeting on March 2nd , 2020 at 6:30 pm CANCELLED
- Indianfields Township Public Accuracy Test for the Tuesday, March 10, 2020 Presidential Primary Election on February 19th, 2020 at 3:00pm
- Indianfields Township Board of Review Organizational Meeting on March 3rd, 2020 at 8:00 am
- Indianfields Township Board of Review Meeting March 9th at 9:00am & March 10th at 3:00pm
- Indianfields Township Board Public Hearing on February 10, 2020 at 6:15 PM
- Indianfields Township Board Budget Workshop and Election Commission Meeting on January 24th, 2020 at 7:00 am
- Indianfields Township Board Budget Workshop on January 15th, 2020 at 8:00 am
- Report on financial statements is available on the state website or in pdf format.
- Indianfields Township Board Special Meeting (Rescheduled Regular Meeting) on November 20th, 2019 at 8:00 am
- Indianfields Township Board meeting on November 11th , 2019 at 6:30 pm CANCELLED
- Indianfields Township Board Special Meeting on November 8th, 2019 at 1:00 pm
- Indianfields Township Board of Review Meeting on December 10th, 2019 at 8:00 am
- Planning Commission meeting on November 4th , 2019 at 6:30 pm CANCELLED
- Indianfields Township Board Special Meeting on October 25th, 2019 at 9:00 am
- Planning Commission meeting on October 7th , 2019 at 6:30 pm CANCELLED
- Planning Commission Special Meeting on September 16th , 2019 at 6:30 pm
- Planning Commission Special Meeting on September 30th, 2019 at 6:30 pm
- Public Act 530 of 2016 Pension Report
- Indianfields Township has a new email address: email@example.com
- TEC (Thumb Electric Co.): Receive cash to recycle that old refrigerator and/or freezer (old window AC and/or dehumidifier will only be picked up in conjunction with a larger unit). Call 844-631-2130 to schedule your pick up.
- Planning Commission meeting scheduled Monday, August 5, 2019 Cancelled
- Planning Commission meeting scheduled Monday, September 2, 2019 Cancelled