Indianfields Township is the largest township of Tuscola County in the U.S. state of Michigan. 39% of the township is state land available to the public to hunt, fish and explore. With a population just above 2,600 people, Indianfields Township is located in the county seat of Caro.
The city of Caro is located in the northern portion of Indianfields Township. The Caro post office, with ZIP code 48723, also serves nearly all of Indianfields Township.
With a total land area of just under 35 square miles, there is plenty of room for you to live, work and play. There is access to the Cass River as well as other bodies of water. The township also owns and maintains the Indianfields Township Park and Indianfields Township Cemetery.
Are you registered to vote? Check here.
Click here to register to vote.
Want to vote Absentee for the August and/or November elections? Check here for the application and return to the attention of Township Clerk Cristi Smith @ Township Hall 1633 Mertz Rd. Caro, MI 48723
- PUBLIC NOTICES
- On the morning of May 20th, members of the Indianfields Township board (left to right in the picture) Supervisor Ray Rendon, Trustee John Sauber, Treasurer Robert Osborn, Clerk Cristi Smith (absent: Trustee Ron Woloshen) assisted the cemetery Sexton Gary Skinner in placing over 1200 United States of America flags on military graves in honor of our veterans and the upcoming Memorial Day weekend. Representatives of Troop 201 (Bob Dickie, Terry Gast, and James Creason) Troop 570 (Gunnar Koon) and VFW (Dan Sochocki) also helped distributing the flags to the grave sites to show our respect and admiration to the fallen veterans of our community.
HAVE A SAFE HOLIDAY WEEKEND!
- Indianfields Township Board Special Board Meeting (teleconference) 05-11-2020
Click here for the agenda
- Notice from Emterra regarding garbage pickup - *GARBAGE MUST BE BAGGED* when placed roadside for pickup. *Any loose garbage WILL NOT be picked up*. Thank you for your cooperation!
- Indianfields Township Park 2020 Park Season Announcement
- ALL REGULARLY SCHEDULED MEETINGS AT INDIANFIELDS TOWNSHIP HALL HAVE BEEN CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!
- Indianfields Township Cemeteries Clean-up Notice 2020
- Planning Commission meeting on March 2nd , 2020 at 6:30 pm CANCELLED
- Indianfields Township Public Accuracy Test for the Tuesday, March 10, 2020 Presidential Primary Election on February 19th, 2020 at 3:00pm
- Indianfields Township Board of Review Organizational Meeting on March 3rd, 2020 at 8:00 am
- Indianfields Township Board of Review Meeting March 9th at 9:00am & March 10th at 3:00pm
- Indianfields Township Board Public Hearing on February 10, 2020 at 6:15 PM
- Indianfields Township Board Budget Workshop and Election Commission Meeting on January 24th, 2020 at 7:00 am
- Indianfields Township Board Budget Workshop on January 15th, 2020 at 8:00 am
- Report on financial statements is available on the state website or in pdf format.
- Indianfields Township Board Special Meeting (Rescheduled Regular Meeting) on November 20th, 2019 at 8:00 am
- Indianfields Township Board meeting on November 11th , 2019 at 6:30 pm CANCELLED
- Indianfields Township Board Special Meeting on November 8th, 2019 at 1:00 pm
- Indianfields Township Board of Review Meeting on December 10th, 2019 at 8:00 am
- Planning Commission meeting on November 4th , 2019 at 6:30 pm CANCELLED
- Indianfields Township Board Special Meeting on October 25th, 2019 at 9:00 am
- Planning Commission meeting on October 7th , 2019 at 6:30 pm CANCELLED
- Planning Commission Special Meeting on September 16th , 2019 at 6:30 pm
- Planning Commission Special Meeting on September 30th, 2019 at 6:30 pm
- Public Act 530 of 2016 Pension Report
- Indianfields Township has a new email address: email@example.com
- TEC (Thumb Electric Co.): Receive cash to recycle that old refrigerator and/or freezer (old window AC and/or dehumidifier will only be picked up in conjunction with a larger unit). Call 844-631-2130 to schedule your pick up.
- Planning Commission meeting scheduled Monday, August 5, 2019 Cancelled
- Planning Commission meeting scheduled Monday, September 2, 2019 Cancelled